• Photo by Anne Seward

The Barns at Timberneck is a family-owned and operated event venue and family farm. We opened to the public in 2016 and serve as an excellent location for hosting wedding celebrations. Event hosting services include day-of-event planning, coordination and staffing support, site decoration, event staging, parking coordination, event tables/chairs, linens, dining service ware, site set-up and clean-up.

This historic farm is located in Surry, Virginia, between the Town of Smithfield and City of Williamsburg, two major historic tourist hubs in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The County of Surry was founded in 1652, and is home to rolling pastures, farmlands, waterfront views and a citizenry who loves the olden ways of living. Surry is home to numerous National Registry historic structures and is geographically centered among a wealth of cultural sites, plantation tours, amusement facilities, and the State Capital. To the west of Timberneck, and just a ten-minute drive, is the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry. The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry provides a beautiful twenty-minute scenic boat ride across the James River to historic Jamestown and Williamsburg, Virginia, a highly traveled tourist spot for vacationers seeking historic adventures touring the country’s beginnings and mimicking lifestyles of olden days. Just fourteen miles to the Timberneck’s east is historic Smithfield, Virginia, hosting numerous quaint shops and delicious one-of-a-kind restaurants along beautiful walkable downtown streets navigating the Pagan River.

The Timberneck farm house is a restored mid 1800’s home to the property owners, John and Anne Seward and has been beautifully renovated in an eclectic style, marrying historic relics with modern decor and enjoyable amenities.  The Barns on the property were constructed in the early 1800’s, along with another barn later being built in the 1940’s and serve as the hosting location to numerous celebrations for family, friends and guests.
The approximately 4,000 sq. ft. event barn was originally built in the 1940’s and has since been expanded to serve up to 200 guests.  It provides handicap-accessible restrooms, a catering kitchen, covered pavilion, and a main event barn with sliding barn doors that open to spacious green grasses.  The decor is vintage and elegant, with displays of various vintage artifacts juxtaposed against elegant amber sconces, Edison string lighting and elegant decor.